The Circular & Fair ICT Pact (CFIT) is an international procurement-led partnership to accelerate circularity, fairness and sustainability in the ICT sector. CFIT will stimulate the use of common, easy-to-use procurement criteria, provide guidance and facilitate knowledge sharing. Together we will leverage our collective procurement power, in close dialogue with the ICT supply side, to affect the change and innovation we need. CFIT is an action under the UN One Planet Network SPP programme.
The ICT market is a vast, global market with far-reaching effects on carbon emissions, rare materials use and human rights. Procurement can help speed up sustainable change, but only if we join together and use our collective buyer's voice.
This is the Circular and Fair ICT Pact
View this three-minute video for an explanation of the Circular and Fair ICT Pact.
- CFIT Framework: one year since its launch
- CFIT News and Season's Greetings, December 2023
- Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat joins CFIT
- Circular and Fair ICT Pact welcomes the Global Electronics Council as a supporting organization
- PAHO signals intent to join CFIT for sustainable ICT practices at COP28
- Addressing climate impacts through procurement: What can that look like for ICT?